Download Formats: M4V, AVI, MTS, MKV, M2TS, 3GP, ASF
original title: Paycheck
duration: 1h 59min
tags: Remember the future.
keywords: time, pipewrench, babescientist, seeingthefuture, evilcorporation, reverseengineering, antihero, memory, engineer, money, secret, technology, clue, escape, ontherun, arrest, paycheck, computer, securi
The main character (Mr. Affleck) is a reverse engineer who gets a paycheck when the job is done. But since this is a guy with empathy the employers erase his memory afterwards...
However, a last job will do it. A big one. He finishes the job and then go to check out to fetch his personal belongings (which was left there before the job). The bag contains 20 items and he has to figure out the purpose of each item. Just like "try everything with everything" in the mentioned computer games.
A short introduction with many holes, which you can fill by watching the movie.
Z. Well, I could care less about character development or what was left out of the original short story. This was a good movie to watch for one reason alone: It kept me guessing! I can usually guess endings or various outcomes of the different subplots in movies along the way, but I couldn't get anything right with this one. That is what made the movie exciting for me, and although I don't particulary care for Uma, I enjoyed the movie so much I could care less who was playing the part. 8+ points Paycheck is a terribly muddled mess, a Hitchcock homage (with generous, obvious nods to The Birds, Strangers on a Train and North by Northwest) by a great filmmaker trying to say a great deal with so very little. It is based on a short story Paycheck, written by Phillip K. Dick in the 1950s. There are several differences in the film and the original story (including the items Jennings gets from the envelope), but the basic premise is similar to the original. Notable features of the story that are different from the book are:
* Although the setting is 21-century America, it is a more dystopian future. A recent change in government has been referred to, the new government has a secret police force that supposedly never releases its detainees, the new government uses "credits" instead of "dollars", and individual citizens have significantly fewer rights than corporations do.
* Rethrick is a much older man and has no prior connection with Jennings.
* Although there is a potential love interest who works for the company named Kelly, she does not encounter Jennings until after the memory wipe and has a "surprise ending" secret that is not in the movie.
* Technology is significantly different. Erasing memory is a secret that most people do not know about (including the goverment agents who arrest Jennings). Rethrick's company still has significant manual labor. Cameras still require mechanical film. Rockets that transport people between cities are commonplace. And, the device that Jennings develops for Rethrick not only sees things but can also retrieve things.
* The plot features a lot more blackmail and threat of blackmail. Rethrick is generally unaware of Jennings' experiences after the memory wipe and it is Jennings who is looking for Rethrick, not the other way around.
* The climax of the short story is completely different from that of the movie. In the story, Jennings sneaks into the company alone, rather than with a partner as in the film (in the story he enlists Kelly's help, but simply asks her to keep whatever he finds safe so that it doesn't fall into the hands of the authorities) using a piece of cloth among his belongings that identifies him as a worker. He also had no interest in destroying the machine (identified as a "time scoop"), he simply wanted to photograph it (the device itself was illegal and the company was part of a resistance against an oppressive government). The film also adds in a climatic shootout that destroys most of the building, while in the original short story Jennings merely snuck out through a back door he had left himself a key to.
* The movie ends with Rethrick being killed while Jennings escapes and goes on to live with Rachel; the short story ends with Jennings successfully blackmailing Rethrick into making him a partner in the corporation, hinting at the possibility that he may eventually find a way to take over.
the The Great Piggy Bank Robbery full movie in hindi free download
The Suite Life on Deck full movie in hindi free download mp4
The Rover online free
The The Jealous Husband
Walker Texas Ranger 3: Deadly Reunion movie in hindi hd free download
Leave It to the Irish tamil pdf download
Child of Hope full movie in hindi 720p
A Night at Card Capital 720p torrent
Half Pint download torrent